Monday, March 20, 2017

Sad day

Sorry to say today won't be a long post.


Friday we had a freak, flash storm that may well have been a tornado. The rain and wind were mor intense than any hurricane or tornado I have ever been through.


Within minutes my power went out three times and within five minutes water was pouring into my stairwell, into my guest rooms, and into my sewing room. 😢😢😢😢



I was forced to use fabric to try to stop the water from getting to the electronics, and I've definitely lost some of it.



Thankfully, we're safe, but I was worried when the ceiling over the stairwell collapsed because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get down.



Today we're fighting the battle to have somewhere to stay for the couple weeks it will take to repair, and I'm working on saving my stash. As of current moment I've found no mold or mildew, but as Laos is already humid I'm fighting time.



Do you have any tips on how to help me save it?  I'll post photos when we're done using them for official purposes. It's quite the tear-jerking sight. 



Right now power has finally been restored and I've been laying the fabric out in front of the air conditioners here, which do act as dehumidifiers, of sorts. I'm trying to locate a dehumidifier on our continent, but am not having much luck.


My sincerest hope your week is better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment