Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Great Monday!

This is one Monday I'm super happy for! We moved back in this morning and most of my fabric made it out alive!  



There were a few casualties, mostly from some fabric I'd been planning to get rid of that I had to use to try to stop the flow of water coming in when the roof started pouring. 



The great news is that at this point I've been able to dry out all my fabric and everything is looking good.



I also protected my sewing machine and most everything else, the chandelier fell but it was after we'd already noticed it was going to go soon and quickly moved the furniture out.



They're coming today to finish installing the new chandelier and do some touch ups, so in the meantime I'm sitting in my empty sewing room.  



I'm not sure the floor will ever be clean again, even after all the mopping, but I'm going to give it another go before we get the furniture back in here.



The storm happened to be a particularly violent one and terrible wind, rain, and fist-sized hail wreaked their havoc on all the homes in our neighborhood. 


We're fortunate we didn't get hit with the storms Thailand got, some 500 of their homes have been obliterated by these.  Turns out over the last few years violent storms just open up the rainy season. 


I have some photos I'll share later, sorry for the boring, photo-free posts!


We're rearranging my sewing room, (good opportunity!) so I'll share photos of the wreckage and the aftermath soon. 


...The quest for my sewing room to be clean continues!



No comments:

Post a Comment