Friday, May 5, 2017

PiMai, PopUps, and More!

I've been in the Lao northern province of Luang Prabang this week celebrating PiMai, or the water festival, or Laotian New Year. 



You read that right, week! It's a 3 day celebration, and includes New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and a day in-between they call "No Day". I don't quite understand that part, but it's a day not part of either year. 




Before we ran off to Luang Prabang, I finished this cute little thread catcher as I mentioned with some simple geometry to calculate the last piece I needed to upsize the pattern. 






So while it wasn't quite what I wanted elasticity-wise (it was a bit too long) it still folds down and works great!







I also started working on a mini I've had for ages. I've been so creatively stifled I think I need a quick finish to bring back my inspiration. 







I'm making it out of Piecemakers by Moda, a cute little sewing print collection I picked up a few years ago.






I like to keep quick minis on hand to help me get rolling again. This Moda Candy book I picked up a few years ago along with some stash and I'm rolling!






The colors look a bit bland when you first crack it open, but pair it right....





And I think it will pop even more once I have the light binding on it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment