Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I've started working cutting my Arcadia Avenue block of the month out because I just needed to start something new this week. 






Each block contains 12 colors, including a tint and shade of each color of the rainbow, along with a light, medium, and dark color. If that sounds like a lot of cutting, it is!



I decided cutting each half yard all at once would be more efficient than trying to cut all 12 solids for each block at once. 



Cue 12 ridiculous piles of fabric in my living room and leave me a thousand miles from being ready to piece!








I also decided I have to choose a different blue, as my darker blue blends in with the lighter colors too much. 


Instead, I've relegated the darker blue to being the lighter and have ordered Bella Periwinkle to serve as my darker color. 


In less frustrating news than having to wait 2 weeks and cut lots more before I can see any of those blocks finished, I worked on a scrap basket this week.


It's called a Fat Quarter PopUp, by the Fat Quarter Gypsy, and includes a spring in it so it does, indeed, pop up!






The small PopUp does take only a fat quarter, and purchasing the pattern also gets you a spring. 


It took around an hour to complete and holds my scraps quite well.






I purchased the pattern with the understanding measurements for all sizes were included in one pattern. I also purchased a medium sized PopUp spring expecting to be able to complete more than one size. 


Unfortunately, that is not the case. In order to have one with the -one- dimension necessary to complete larger ones, the seller wants customers to purchase another pattern at $10. 


I didn't feel like that was the most honest, so here goes my next one......






Ok, well, I ended up needing slightly different fabric for it, and it's still not done, but to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment